Monday, February 22, 2010

Hypertext Map

I don't have a scanner or a program to make a map, so I'll try to explain as best I can and bring in a paper copy to class. So far it's a very basic skeleton of the progression I hope to give my piece. The title is "Wanna see my Hypertext?" Each of the words links to a new screen with a definition and the ramblings of a story. From each of the screens after the first page there will be three words linking to new pages and new definitions/ story pieces. "See" and "my" are connected by one common lexia, as are "Wanna" and "hypertext." So it is possible to get two different strands of the story but not necessary. A reader will not be able to navigate through all four sections of the piece without starting over. The map itself looks like a giant web.

Sorry if this sounds confusing-- you can see what I mean a little better in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment