Monday, February 8, 2010

Possible Review Assignment Ideas

Well, the site is down for maintenance but there is a specific piece I remember wanting to look into further. I believe the title is "Birds singing other birds' songs," although that could be a little off. I'm somewhat apprehensive about it because it's different than anything I've seen before (even in this class), but it really intrigues me. The title makes me curious to find a deeper meaning hidden in this strange text. All that I can physically see in it is the outline of birds in letter formations; different numbers and types of "bird" figures appear when clicking numbers at the bottom of the screen. This means that all elements, including sound are also very important. It seems like it will be fun but probably very frustrating to put meaning to this piece. But I tentatively look forward to it. :)

Edit:
"Strings" by Dan Waber also looks like something I might be interested in looking into further. From what I've seen of it, it seems like a very simplistic and somewhat childlike piece. But I would like to watch it a few more times and see if I can get something a little more complex out of it.

More than the other two, I think I'd be most interested in Alan Sondheim's "Dawn." It's very aesthetically pleasing and very annoying how the text disappears. I think I would experience lots of aggravation trying to figure it out, but I could probably have some fun along the way too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment