Monday, February 15, 2010

Hypertext Brainstorming

I should probably start this post with my motivation for my piece. John cheated a little and skipped the brainstorming step, so I've been "reading" his hypertext almost since he began it. One day while we were hanging out he asked me "Do you want to see my hypertext?" and I laughed as if he were using sexual innuendo. Later we were talking about including the line in his piece as an innuendo. That's when we got the idea that he would use the line in a lexia and I would use the line as my title. Right now I have a vague outline of my hypertext in my head, where the first screen will say "Wanna see my hypertext?" Each of the words in this first sentence will link to new screens with the beginnings of definitions that trail off into their own pieces of a nonlinear plot.

From these screens, the "reader" will have a few choices of links to click on and they will get more of the same (brief skewed definition leading to "plot"). My hope is that I can work the linked words into a single sentence at the end with a bogus "conclusion," that, if taken with a grain of salt, will lead the "reader" to a more concise understanding.

As I said, this is still very vague and I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with it, but I do know it will have a focus on language- the way it morphs, its nature as a communication tool, and the fun you can have with its misuse.

If anyone has any input I'd love to hear it. Or if the way I explained it isn't clear enough, let me know.

:)

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you created your title of the text, very interesting. At first, when you introduced it in class, it was still vague. Now after reading in detail how you came up with the title- it definitly caught my attention. Can't wait to see it! Your creation of starting off with words then factoring into definitions than off from there; you have a million and one possibilities. Sounds like a definite page turner- can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete