Monday, March 1, 2010

Wanna See My Hypertext?

You will be taken through an average of 5-8 lexias but the end screen will allow you to loop back around and start over if you so desire. My text is NOT to be read for plot. If you are trying to "get" the story, you won't. I wrote it for concept and it should be read the same way.

My lexias give definitions of words, then a piece of a story using a word I have manipulated to look and sound like the word being defined. Please pay close attention to the lexia I entitled "We've." This gives a symbolic analysis of what I am trying to accomplish. My piece focuses strongly on language- the way it morphs, its nature and power as a communication tool, and the fun you can have with its misuse.

I hope that the stories themselves help add to my goal. They are rather disconnected and are mostly exclusive. The reader should not feel like they know what is going on in the "plot," adding to the feeling of language over-powering the reader.

https://sites.google.com/site/wannaseemyhypertext/how-two
Here is the finished product. Hope you all enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment